While you can use some functions of the Website without being a registered user, certain activities (selling) require registration. Once your provide personal information, you are not anonymous. Typically, your information is collected through the Website, but we may also collect information from private-label, co-branded and affiliate websites or their tools, applications or services ("Other Sites"). Depending on the services used, we may collect and store the following personal information:
- contact information such as name, email address, address and telephone number; and demographic information such as gender, age, marital status, occupation, and other personal and lifestyle information (for example, if you respond to an optional survey request);
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- additional information we may ask you to send or questions we may ask you to answer to verify your identity (such as your driver's license, credit card statement, and/or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address);
- information contained in submissions; logs, contact information and other information about the communications between Buyers and Sellers using our communications tools;
- guest card information, lease terms, lease parties and other transactional information;
- information based on your interactions with the Website or the Other Sites and their advertising, such as search information, computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to, from and within the Website or Other Sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- and supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to the Website, we may conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
We may also collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk and for fraud prevention purposes.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request, including confirming emails related to the Website services, reminders and transactions.
- Provide the ability to communicate with Buyers and Sellers.
- Resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems.
- Customize your experience and otherwise measure and improve the Website's services.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences. (If we use your personal information to market to you, you will be able to opt-out of such uses; see Email Preferences and About Cookies below.)
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- Measure consumer interest in our products and services.
- Help promote a safe service and detect and prevent error, fraud and other potentially prohibited or illegal activity.
- Enforce our agreements, terms, condition, and policies.
- Provide services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may share some or all of your personal information with:
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information, or about whom you are explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service. (The information we disclose in this way may be subject to those third parties' privacy policies.)
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, invoicing, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards).
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
We or our service providers may place cookies or web beacons on your computer when you visit portions of the Website. We use permanent cookies to provide personalized features, such as keeping a persistent shopping cart, and to deliver customized services, content, and advertising. We use session cookies, which are deleted when you log out of the Website or browse to a different website, to monitor and improve the functionality and usability of our website. You can block our cookies by changing the settings on your browser (contact your ISP for help), but doing so may prevent us from delivering certain services to you. We may use third-party advertising companies such as DoubleClick or Yahoo! to serve ads on our and our advertising partners' behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to deliver advertising and measure its effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is completely anonymous.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Generous, Inc. and change your password.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Website. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the following address:
Attn: Privacy Officer
1314 NW Irving St. #305
Portland, OR 97209
or email .